Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snowball Star

I have the idividual rows sewn together now and am ready to get it together as a whole. 

As I pressed the rows and put them up on the flannel wall in the basement, I could see that there was something wrong on one of them.  This is it.  I must have cut the top left block about 1/4 inch too short.  So will be doing some unsewing and putting in a new block which is no big deal.  Piecing is not my strong shot - I do a lot of fudging.   Don't know if it's the way I do my cutting or the actual sewing.  I have two different quarter seam feet for my machine but still a long way from perfection.   However, unless examined too closely,  things usually turn out okay.

After transferring the pictures from my camera to my computer, I saw that one plain block was upside down.  I had thought that that might happen but didn't notice.  It really showed up in the photos. So that unsewing has already been done.
I plan to piece a backing from the same prints.   I don't think I captured the same blended look in the original, but I am happy with it regardless.  The original one has pieces that are smaller and prints that are mainly larger.   This has been a fun little top to do and I'm sure the little sweetie it is for will like it.

4 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Love your snowball quilt--very pretty! I may have to copy you next time I get the urge to start another new project! Glad you've been able to get your lung issues sorted out too!

Jewels said...

Your so funny Carol - I would never have noticed anything wrong unless you pointed it out LOL.I'm sure it will be gorgeous when done. J

Leslie said...

I love the fabrics and I am sure that the baby will enjoy it. That is the cleavest star/snowball pattern that I have ever seen. What about batiks, that may be pretty.

Quilting Queen said...

I won't tell you how many times I have done that and only noticed when hand quilting it...doh!! Love the reproduction fabrics.