Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Mail the Other Day

Earlier, I found in the Connecting Thread e-mail that usually comes once a week a sale on some of their fabric.  This was half price - I ordered quite a few fat quarters of it along with three yards of the polka dot in two different colorways.  There is just a bit of the pretty dotted fabric in the above picture.  I have ordered fabric from them before and a couple of times was not as pleased as with  other orders.  This, though, is really great - the colors are wonderful and the fabric is silky and feels good to the hand. 
More pieces and the other dotted  fabric.  I don't necessarily plan to use these separately and don't quite know what I will do with it but have been mulling it around in my head.  I might do appliques or it might involve embroidery.  And it can certainly be mixed altogether and in with the other similar pieces I have.  I am really pleased with it.
I also ordered this book although I haven't really looked through it thoroughly.  It is a very pretty book and I think will have some fun projects to look at and think about.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I've ordered fabric online before too and have always been pleased. Glad you found some pretty things to work with :)

Jewels said...

LOL you make me laugh Carol - more for your bulging stash - I know you will put to good use. LOVE Henry's pic on your sidebar - what a cutie....May delay leaving town for holiday with this horrible weather today :( J

carol fun said...

Pretty pretty fabrics! I need to go check out the dotty ones, because no one's stash has too many dots!

Pokey said...

Ooo-Oo, fun fabric finds!
:-}pokey

Santie said...

I had to laugh out loud when I came upon your delightful blog! When I grow up(I am only 42) I want to be a fun old hag:)

Karen said...

Oh, such lovely fabric! The book looks like a nice one too, I was able to view some of the pages on Amazon.