Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pincushions!

This morning one of my favorite people stopped by with this beautiful pin cushion for me.   Lori had posted a picture of her pin cushions on Facebook and I made a comment about how beautiful it was.  That sweetie pie brought one of them over to me this morning!  It is even prettier in person than in the photo on Facebook.  The berry is red tweed with black seed beads and the blossoms white wool with bead centers and green wool leaves.  I also have at least two other pin cushions Lori made in the past that I purchased at the bazaar we always have with our quilt show each year.

This sits on a glass bud vase----

what girl who lived in Kansas for over twenty-five years could resist a sunflower pin cushion.  This has stood right along side my sewing machine for quite a few years now.

Then a couple of years ago I bought this one Lori made.  I think that it is covered with machine made lace.  It is beside my spot on the couch where I do my hand sewing. 
Another sweet pin cushion - this one given to me by Leslie and probably Elle was in on this, also.  I love the little felt balls and pretty little beads.  There is one more
Here is a darling pincushion with a little bag attached for threads and snippets of fabric.  This also sits by my machine and I even manage to get some thread in it!!  My buddy, Earlene, gave this to me.   I have some very generous and very nice friends and I love them all!

6 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

These are just delightful! I have one from my Grandmother which looks like a plump tomato. It is stuffed with some kind of straw, I think. Attached to it is a little strawberry shaped piece, stuffed with what seems to be sand.

(grin) I love pin cushions!

Leslie said...

Gosh I too love Lori's pin cushions, and I think that I also have two of them. Lucky us!!!!

Karen said...

Wonderful pin cushions Carol!

Jewels said...

Youve got quite the collection Carol! Nice bright colours. Thanks for stopping by to see my latest ATCs...J

sewnutx64 said...

I'm blushing! Just wait until you see what I am planning for this years bazaar. All hingeing on some parts I ordered from Hong Kong...

Pokey said...

You have a lovely collection...and it sounds like you'll need to pick up another one soon from sewnut, is that Lori...?
:-}pokey