After this is done, I will get back to the snowball star. I started it, goofed and had to do some unsewing. That one will take a little longer to do and I'm not quite sure on just what I will be doing with it yet. Thought I would post some pictures of three other little quilts I did quite a few years ago in the reproduction fabrics. Fabric from the thirties and forties make such sweet, old fashioned quilts. These will be around for when there are more great grandchildren no matter when.
A drunkard's patch block alternated with Sunbonnet Sue and Sunbonnet Sam. For the border,
I found a nice font in my print program and did the alphabet all the way around three sides of the quilt and the numbers along the bottom. It is stippled with a light variegated thread. I am some better with my stippling now.
and this is Sam. It was such fun to pick out their little outfits.
Part of another quilt - makes an overall pattern. Again, this was a fun one to do.
Two of the blocks in that quilt. Again, stippling for the background.
Here is the third quilt -- done by paper piecing four very simple little blocks then sewing them together in a larger block. Easy peasy. The back of this one and the one before are both done by piecing large pieces of the reprouction fabric together.