Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good Things!

Our guild has it's quilt show this weekend and one of our big attractions is our bazaar.  Members bring in fabric, patterns, various and sundry notions, items they especially make to sell  for the guild, and lots and lots of magazines and books.  It has been a great source of revenue for the guild since the first quilt show.  One of my bff's in the guild (look for Just Tickety Boo on my sidebar) asked me if I would like to have a look at some of her reproduction fabric and some other goodies she was donating and that she would drop by with them one evening.  Of course, I said I most certainly would.  How about the array of fabric in the picture above - it's so sweet!
Here is a cute piece of alphabet fabric along with some pretty striped flannel that would make a great floor quilt for Henry or another sweet little baby.

And these four prettyvintage sunbonnet girls were in a package and I took those.  The buttonhole stitch is done by hand and the actual girls and bonnets, etc., were sewn on the block by machine as you can see in the following picture.  These will go into a small quilt, hanging or pillows.  I love the old fabrics. 

I took along a check for my purchases and turned it in for the bazaar.  My contribution this year was four of the ten minute table runners done in Christmas fabrics.  In the past, I have taken lots of fabric, magazines, etc., but this year I didn't want to make all the trips up and down the basement stairs.  Our guild has grown in the last two or three years so we have lots of new quilters to weed out their stashes now.   Will get some pictures of the wonderful quilts we always have and post them the first of next week. 

Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Wahoo Carol - enjoyed "passing on" to someone I know will use it all! See you this weekend my friend...

carol fun said...

You got some great goodies. I love that alphabet fabric- I have a thing for the ABC's- samplers, fabrics - it if got letters I like it! Enjoy!

dmarks said...

Hi. Your link at Postcard Friendship Friday is bad, and I found this one by googling from parts of what seemed valid in the name. Thought you might want to know!

Karen said...

Excellent stash and you didn't even have to leave home!