Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

Tomorrow is Easter.  I want to wish all of you who drop by and visit my blog (thank you soooo much - blogging is a joy) a lovely Easter filled blessings, love, good food and yummy goodies from the Bunny.  As I look around the internet and fill my boards on Pinterest with things I love, I have found some gorgeous vintage cards - Easter cards, I think, are about the most beautiful.  Therefore, I will offer you quite a few cards in the styles that are my favorite and let you pick the one you like the best to send you my wishes.
Little houses with trees, flowers, pretty girls - these always catch my eye. I believe most of these cards will be in the Art Deco style.  If I'm wrong, let me know.  However, I am immediately drawn to anything in this era.
Another card which is adorable.  I love her huge hat, her darling print dress and her geese in pretty slippers.
I would imagine this little girl with her pretty pot of tulips would have been around my age if she were real. She is another of my favorites.
A little fuzzy yellow chicken is essential to Easter.  One Easter in Iowa we bought two little chicks for Sherry and Bill for Easter - they sold things like that back then.  Usually, the little creatures did not make it through but the ones we had lived on and on.  They were in a cardboard box in our kitchen - then they started being able to get out of the box!  Ray and the kids took the little chickens and finally found a home for them on a farm outside of town.  Lesson learned!  They were cute, though.
Those little chicks could have turned out like this!
And here is a bunny, essential to the array of Easter cards. 
And who could resist this adorable little sweetie pie.
The meaning of Easter.  You may have one card or all of them!  Happy Easter from Funoldhag.

3 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Happy Easter.

Just want to tell you how much I enjoy your Blog. As a brand new "quilter" you inspire me, your work is pure artistry.

Hugs ♥

carol fun said...

I love all the vintage cards you pin on Pinterest. Such wonderful illustrations- they make me smile! Happy Easter!

Karen said...

Happy Easter Carol!