Friday, April 6, 2012

More Fabric! Tsk! Tsk!

Yesterday,  Sherry took me to Bay City to Fabric Fair to leave my dear old Bernina there for a cleaning and spruceup.  They are the closest Bernina dealer and other dealers can't do any repairs if needed.  While there, of course, I had to check out the fabric and here are some 1/4 yard cuts of some prints that literally yelled out to me to bring them to live at my house.  Most are Aunt Grace fabrics that occupy a big soft spot in my heart.
Here are some wrinkly, crinkly muslins that I thought might be nice for embroidery.  Would love to do a sort of primitive stitching on the dark pieces.  No particular plans, but thinking about it.  Looks like I am going to have to live at least into my early 100's to use up my fabric - that is, if I don't keep buying more!  The manufacturers just keep making it more wonderful all the time and it's hard to resist.  I can justify it by the fact that I don't buy much in the way of clothes anymore - and with fabric, it always fits!

While we were in Bay City, we went to Red Lobster and had a really great lunch!  A nice time out with my very, very nice daughter!!  

Hope wherever you are,  you have the same pretty blue skies above that we do!!

3 comments:

carol fun said...

Lunch at Red Lobster and new fabric - now that's what I call a perfect day out! Love the Aunt Grace pieces. However I'm afraid we are all going to have to live well into our hundreds to use up our stashes - LOL! If they just didn't keep making such lovely fabrics, I would be fine. I just can't resist. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jewels said...

LOL - MORE fabric! how funny Carol. I am in Sarnia for Easter with my Mum - home Sunday night. Are you going to the Quilt Meeting this week? Do you need a ride - let me know...and Happy Easter my friend.

Karen said...

I so love your new fabric Carol and a Primitive stitchery would look wonderful on the dark crinkly muslin.