Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Newly Quilted - I Am Bubbling Over

Last night was our guild meeting and my friend, Linda, brought me my quilt that she had quilted for me.  It is absolutely gorgeous - her work is just beautiful.  Here it is - sans binding - on the bed in my sewing room. 
A closeup of her wonderful stitching.  The rows of flowers are echo quilted and the rows between are done in wonderful feathery ornate patterns.
More of the quilting close up.  She also did some stitching in the center of each flower and the flowers just pop up - they look wonderful.
At a different angle.  I will trim the rest of the excess backing and batting from the quilt and bind it (I feel certain it will be bound in the greens - if not, then the background fabric) and will have this pretty pretty piece in our upcoming quilt show.   Thank you, Linda, for the lovely quilting you did on my quilt--it could not be any more beautiful. 

10 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my how gorgeous is this quilt. I can only imagine how proud you are of it.
Sending you good wishes for a wonderful week
Love
Maggie

Leslie said...

Elle wants to know if she can have it, lol Like mother like daughter. We are fans. How about a teal batik with a little green in it binding like the leaves and hexies color. Try some on the edge, but more than likely it will be the green or white. Henry is darling on the side with his bunny ears. So, So Cute!!!!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful!!! And I agree with Leslie's comment...Henry is soooooo cute!

Carolyn

Jewels said...

Carol - Linda did a fantastic job! I will call to see when I can come over and admire (and catch up) j

Donna~~ said...

Stunning quilt! The colors are just gorgeous!

Sherry said...

Thaat quilt absolutely takes my breath away!

Pokey said...

Oh, what a beauty! Between your fabrics and applique, and her stitching, oh, my! What a treasure ~
:-}pokey

Karen said...

How beautiful, I would be bubbling over too!

Bill said...

Mom, this is one of the best you've done. But I'm sure you'll top this one, too!!! Beautiful times ten!

Anonymous said...

I found you when I started following you on pinterest. I so enjoy your posts and can NOT believe you are 83! I am inspired by you!