Friday, May 11, 2012

I Bought Myself a Present

A year or two ago, I got rid of the little table and two chairs that I used for quite a few summers on my patio and instead used a small vintage tiled table I had found in my basement when I moved here and two folding patio chairs with cushions.  Have been wanting to get a new small set.  When I stopped at KMart the other day to get my perscription, I looked back in the garden area and saw this little bistro set - on sale and the chairs bounce!  I adore bouncy chairs and that's what I do when I sit in one.  I did talk to a clerk about the set but didn't buy it since my car is tiny and I knew I would not be able to squeeze the boxes in. 

I kept thinking about it and finally decided to go in again and maybe Sher and Barclay could help me get it home.  So this time I talked to another fellow - he was one of the managers.  Nice, nice man.  Ended up that he and another friend who worked there would bring them out to me.  So I bought them and was to call in today to set up a time  To shorten the story, they brought them out this morning in one of the fellow's big, old Buick station wagon and immediately started opening the boxes.  They then proceeded to put them together for me and were not going to accept anything for doing all that.  They finally agreed to take some money and said they would donate it to the March of Dimes which they are active in.  I was so surprised and so happy that they did this - gives you so much faith in your fellowman.  When I woke up this morning, I was worried about getting the pieces together - and there they are sitting on my patio all ready for summer thanks to two great guys from KMart.  

The pretty hanging basket was another quick purchase.  At Kroger now they have the outside garden center open.  I had to take a run through that.  So glad I did - they had these gorgeous hanging baskets for $7.99 each - that is such a buy!  Red geraniums and white lacey stuff that I love.  Also had some large rosey colored geraniums.  I bought three of the red and white.  If it gets frosty, I can put them in my shed overnight.  It's too early to do much planting here in Michigan, yet, unless you want to cover.  And I am going to cut down - but not cut out!!!   I say that now, we'll see if I follow through when I start seeing all the lovely flowers!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

How very pretty!!! Nice to think that there really is still customer apppreciation, huh. Have a great weekend.

carol fun said...

Such a cute set! I remember those big metal outdoor chairs from the 50's that bounced when you sat in them -I loved them! Good memories. Oh I always say I'm going to restrain my spending on annuals but I always end up going home with a carload of petunias, geraniums, marigolds, etc. They are just too pretty. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jewels said...

Ooohhh I need to come over and test out your new chairs! Not surprised the young men were so nice to you Carol - did you flutter your eyelashes at them LOL. Enjoy and have a great Mothers day weekend...

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful, Carol! I am sure you will spend some wonderful days and evenings on your patio sitting on your "bouncie" chair with a glass of ice tea-- relaxing and enjoying your pretty flowers! Happy Mother's day dear friend!
:) Carolyn

Pokey said...

What a cozy spot that will be! What kindness was shown to you, Carol, they could see the sweet person you are.
Wish I could sit a spell with you and gaze at all your lovely garden jewels. Do have a good Mother's Day!
:-}pokey

Karen said...

I love your new bouncy chairs Carol and such great service!

Bonny said...

Sounds like you got an early Mother's Day gift!
I love your chairs!!!!