Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quilt Show - Part Two

This Kathy's beautiful quilt done in batiks - I showed a closeup of the bunny block on the previous post.
Another closeup showing the beautiful quilting she does - such teeny little circles!
Julie has been working with vintage items and doing wonderful ATC's and other lovely pieces.  This is a gorgeous piece she entered in our show.
 
I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the maker of this pretty quilt.
Beautiful - even though the photo is a little fuzzy.  Again, I do not know the maker's name.  I think the motifs were done on an embroidery machine.
 Another striking quilt.
Earlier, I posted and featured this quilt that was done as a strip quilt in about 2007.  The original strip is
this one of the giraffes.  The five other strips were each done by different quilters involved in the exchange.  I did the one with the lady.  Fran, the owner of the quilt, was our featured quilter this year and she had it all quilted and on display.  I have always felt it probably is the most successful round robin or other type pass around quilt we have done.

If you would like to see more quilts from our show, find the little yellow duck on my sidebar and click on him - he will take you to Pass The Tiara, our guild blog.  There are quite a few more pictures posted there!
Enjoy the show!


                                        

2 comments:

carol fun said...

Great quilts! I love a small local show - there is such variety and all the wonderful quilts make you want to go home and sew!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I just love seeing photos from quilt shows - they always give me so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing.