Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birds are Quilted

All quilted and ready for the binding.  I also have 35 little eyes to sew on  Thought I had some small black ones that I had purchased at Joann's sometime ago and, lo and behold, I was able to find them in a small drawer of little buttons of all sorts.  I did that yesterday then had the good sense to put them into a tiny ziploc bag until I was ready to use them.   Today, I could not find them - and searched high and low around my sewing machine and vicinity but no bag of buttons.  Some of my favorite bad words were muttered and finally stopped looking for them.  Just before I started to finish the quillting on this little piece, I looked on the floor along side of my sewing desk and there on a pile of stuff was a little ziploc bag of tiny black buttons.  Hooray!  Now I think I have put them where I know I can find them.  Now I will head down the basement and press the binding and trim the extra backing and batting from the little birdie piece.  Almost done!


6 comments:

carol fun said...

Such a cute quilt! I love the chubby little birds. Your fabrics are wonderful! A very happy flock - I can tell! LOL

Leslie said...

What the flock, cheese and rice where did I put those beads. When you live alone who do you blame things on. Lol. Your birds look wonderful.

Karen said...

Almost done and fabulous! Love, love, love the birds!

Pokey said...

It is a sweet flock, you've made such pretty choices in your fabric selection, Carol. Now the button story had me laughing out loud, I did that very thing today getting ready for class! Never did find my finished "beaks" for the chicken pincushion...!
:-}pokey

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I love this little bird quilt. Haven't had the courage to do it yet but yours is beautiful!

Sally said...

Saw this adorable bird on Pinterest, and I just had to track down it's owner......I have spent the evening reading your blog, you do amazing work.....I have loved everything that I have seen......I read that you used to live in Kansas, I live in McPherson, KS and have lived here for 22 years......I love Kansas!!