Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Old Round Robin

This evening is the guild spring dinner,  our last meeting until September.  We will be going to a restaurant in a small town near here for a buffet.  One of the things we are to bring for show and tell is the result  of any round robin (or similar quilt ) that we have participated in over the years.  I have done several but have not finished more than two.  This one I do like and it was done in 2007.
If I recall, we had a piece of  interfacing  marked off in segments and were to do a piece to fill  a space on that.  It was pinned on and passed on to the next one taking part.  A fun concept - sometimes the spaces left were not together and you had to be resourceful to get your part in.  Above is my start.
This pretty primitive basket was designed and hand appliqued by my friend, Leslie.  Looks so pretty in the contemporary colors.  The three remaining spaces were filled by Janna, Debbie L. and Melissa.  And I notice that the label is just pinned on!  So me!  Also the sleeve across the top has not been whipped down.  At least there is a label - some of my smaller pieces don't have one.  I do at times write my name and year on the back with a pigma pen if it will show up. 

I am taking one other wallhanging that was done as a Christmas one but didn't take it's picture.  It turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Fabulous, love the colours!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Those colors are like summer sunshine! So vibrant and happy!