Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pillow Top is Quilted

Appliqued, quilted and ready to be made into a pillow.  The pin marks the approximate center so that I can trim the piece before backing it.  Putting it all together is not nearly as much fun as planning, fusing, appliquing and quilting it!  But I do like it and it will look good on my couch.  I may put a pretty button in the center - maybe even cover one.  I just did the simple meander stitch and think that works fine . 
This is the book on the tile technique.  I really enjoy doing this and may do a wallhanging from the book - either the one on the cover or
this one.  Once the applique pieces had been buttonholed and then quilted around that would be all the quilting needed except for the border.  Looks like fun.  So many fun things to do!! 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my that is very pretty. You might remember that I did a 20 block tile quilt with hand appliqué. I was inspired like you until about block 6 So a small one may be doable and I quilted it myself and still wish that I would have had our Robin do it on her long arm because she is so great at appliqué quilting .

Karen said...

Very pretty Carol and I like the idea of a covered button in the center.