Friday, July 13, 2012

Some Favorite Pinterest Finds

Since I haven't been really working on much this past week - just one of those times when not accomplishing a lot - I thought I would post a few quilt blocks and quilts from Pinterest that immediately caught my eye.  The above is one of the blocks.  I love the prints used against that dotted background and the fussy cut flower in the center of the block.

Another gorgeous block - New York Beauty.  Again, the use of the variety of prints drew me to this one.

Here is one that I am thinking about maybe doing.  I love the black and white sashings around the diamonds which are Kaffe fabrics.  In fact, I think this is actually a picture of a quilt being planned on a design wall in a class he was teaching.  There are quite a  few diamond pieces cut that I did heavens only knows when  and I might give it a try.  The diamonds are in mainly Kaffe's fabrics and red, orange, etc.   Anyway, I really was drawn to this piece.

If you would go to my Quilts board on Pinterest (click on the symbol at the top of my sidebar), the source of these pretty items will be found there.  You can also look further into those sources to find other beautiful work they have done.  Such wonderful things to see!!!!!

2 comments:

Pokey said...

Boy, nothing like admiring the challenging ones! They sure are beautiful, though.
I have a pattern for one much like the last one, the diamonds. The designer had made the pattern up in muted Batiks and Asian prints (something I would not have been drawn to personally), but the quilt shop made it up in colors much like this one. Just like the one you have posted, that caught my attention!
Happy Friday, Carol ~
:-}pokey

Leslie said...

Ooh I like these too!!! Finished my big block swoon block top, it is king size and should make the newly married couple very happy.