Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Three New Books

I am such a softie when it comes to books on quilting - and I know I'm not alone.   Actually, I have never made anything from many of my books while I have used and reused others over the years by doing some of their projects and referencing them for ideas, techniques, etc.  Books on applique are a big part of my library and some of those are pretty shabby and well used with notations, etc., on their pages.  One of my favorite sources of applique patterns is Piece O'Cake Designs and I have quite a few of their books.  Here is a new one - Applique with Attitude.  Very whimsical, colorful and appealing - I decided I needed to add it to my collection of their work.  Kim Diehl is another designer whose work draws me in - I love her fabrics and style.  So, Simple Charms is now in my library.  Elegant Quilts, Country Charm's authors are not familiar to me but it's a very pretty book with nice projects.  These all came from Connecting Threads, a website I have ordered things from for a long time.  Always discounted and free shipping over $50.00,  they are easy to deal with and it does not take long to get an order.  And a great feature,  you can click on the "see more pages"(or some such phrase) and there are other projects shown that are featured in the book - sometimes as many as twelve.  This feature alone has made the decision very easy as to whether send for the book or not.  The cover might really catch your eye, then looking at other projects you can see there is not much else that you would enjoy that much.  These three books did not disappoint - they are great.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Great books, Kim Diego is my favorite and Janet next door borrows those also. We both enjoy them. Now it is very warm out so stay inside and browse through them. I just got an order of my favorite embroidery floss cosmo and the colors are yummy,

Karen said...

Three great books Carol! I like when they show more pages inside the book.