Friday, July 27, 2012

Two of my Favorite People Stopped By

This afternoon Leslie and Elle, her sweetheart of a daughter, stopped by to show me Leslie's quilt that she made from a big swoon block at the time I did mine.  All made of Jinny Beyer fabrics, this is a beauty!   It has been quilted and is ready for binding before being given as a wedding present.  Lucky, lucky couple!  Elle also brought along a baby quilt she is making and needed to find additional fabric for borders.  It was so pretty - my camera's battery died and I didn't get a picture of her little quilt.  I am so glad that the one I was able to take did turn out pretty darned good!  I am so glad that Leslie's love of quilting has been passed on to Elle!!

The girls were on their way to the Park Bench (our great new quilt shop) to meet Linda to pick out some fabrics for a paper pieced quilt that will be made from one of Linda's new patterns.  I went along even though I was looking kind of ragged around the edges.   Great fun pulling bolts of batiks out, lining them up, deleting and adding - the outcome will be one gorgeous quilt!!  I also took along the black, white and red quilt that I just finished making the backing for - Linda will quilt it for me.  I still have to press the top and back for the swoon quilt and will give that to her next month.  Haven't seen many of the girls for a while since things slow down in the summertime.  Next month there will be a fun road trip (can't remember just where) to see Edyta Sitar.  

2 comments:

Jewels said...

What a beautiful quilt Carol! Will call you soon to make a "date" for a visit LOL...J

Karen said...

Wonderful quilt Carol, well done Leslie!