Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Henry!!!!

Here's that darling little great grandson on the little play quilt with some of the little vehicles.  Where did that first year go to already?   What a darling addition to the family - he's so cute and a very laidback little guy.  He will bring a lifetime of joy to his mom and dad and all of the rest of the doting grandparents, aunts, uncles,etc.  Happy Birthday, Henry Ryan, with lots and lots of love from your great grandma.

I did want to show you the little bag I fixed up to put the little quilt in - and the cars, also.
Had a hard time finding the canvas bags at Joan's when I went to get them.  Usually they are near the tee shirts.  Looked and looked and finally found them in what looked like a plastic bin with drawers that opened forward.  They have changed things over there so much - it's very different.  I think I liked it better when it was junky!!!!   I put a picture of the little quilt in my print program, superimposed Henry's picture on it, then found the cute clipart and lettering.  Printed it out on the fabric, backed it with fusible web and ironed it to the bag.  To keep the corners from coming up, I wrestled it over the arm of my machine and stitched it all around the edge.  It won't be going anyplace. 

4 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Henry! I think he is very pleased with his new quilt and the bag is wonderful too.

Pokey said...

How wonderful! I've made "road quilts" too, the little guys love them. You bag was a neat plan, Carol! So, was this picture sent to you, or did you get to have him visit?
:-}pokey

Chartreuse Moose said...

Darling! Those little road quilts are such a hit with the wee folks! Done good! I'll bet you are the #1 g-grandma for this one! :-)))

Jewels said...

Happy BD Henry! What a wonderful present from you Carol - and I LOVE the bag you made for him - hopefully his Mum will keep it for him for when he is all grown up....J