I have spent almost all day working on the little jungle quilt. It's all laid out on the bed in my sewing room and I have been appliqueing some of the blocks. At first I was going to make much smaller squares between the applique blocks, but it was way too busy. I had cut tons of them. So then had to cut a lot of five inch squares which later I discovered needed to be 4 1/2" which meant I had to trim those down. It wasn't too bad since I discovered it before I had them all cut. Decided to drop in a little four patch every so often and the smaller blocks I had cut come out perfectly when sewn together. I think the binding will be the small ones all sewn together - nice and scrappy.
Here is one of the bird blocks -
This little guy will be appliqued in black. I think he is so cute.
The giraffe is appliqued but still needs his eyes, the little topknots on his horns, some french knot nostrils and a big grin. Stay tuned---more to come later. (Click to enlarge - it seems to be enlarging much bigger again)