Friday, August 10, 2012

Like an Autumn Day

On this very cool, rainy, windy day it has felt more like mid-autumn than the first part of August.  However, after all the heat and lack of rain it is so welcome.  We have fared so much better than so many other parts of the country - I wish we could send some of this good rain down to the parts of the country that are in such severe drought.  My son in Kansas said the other day there had been over seventy days without measurable precipation and their temps have been in the nineties and triple digits for a long, long time.  A terrible, terrible summer!  I recall some mighty hot, dry times when we lived there, also.  I was always waiting for October!

I most certainly didn't want to go anyplace today - and I didn't have much in the way of something yummy.  I have been trying not to buy candy but do keep ice cream in the freezer!  It was gone so had the makings for a recipe found on Pinterest.  So very easy and pretty darned good without being too terribly full of calories and I don't think much fat.  Are you ready?

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 tub lite kool whip or store brand

Put the pineapple, juice included, in a bowl.  Add the pudding.  Mix it up,  Then fold in the tub of whipped topping and chill.  How easy is that?  It reminds me of the orange salad I posted here quite some time ago but this is no hassle.  It would be yummy on a slice of angel food or pound cake.  Some drained, chopped up maraschino cherries would be good in it and even sliced bananas could be added.  Anyway, it's yummy!


4 comments:

Jewels said...

I'm thinking of building an Arc with all this rain Carol. I'll reserve you a spot LOL What a weird summer it has been!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Looks YUMMY!!!

Hope that you receive some rain, soon!

:) Carolyn

Chartreuse Moose said...

Thank you for sharing the yummy recipe! Looks perfect for these hot days! Rainy days...perfect for sewing! ;-))))

Karen said...

Oh, that sure does look yummy!!!!