Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today I Turn Eighty-Four

Today, Funoldhag turns 84 years old, and it is hard to believe that I have actually made it to this age and hard to believe that I feel good and still have most of my braincells functioning.   What a blessed woman I am to have  a wonderful family, good health  and to still find such enjoyment in the things that I do.  Although I can't do the same as I used to with many things, I really don't feel "old" most of the time.  Today I will go to sit and sew, my rehab, and then to my daughter's where Barclay will fix us steaks on the Weber.  I have a beautiful birthday bouquet from Bill and Ann and had a great chat with him on the phone yesterday.

Sherry just got back from spending two weeks in Africa with Hannah!  She had a wonderful time!  Hannah now has the capabilities for skyping so I think we will skype  with her on Wednesday.  What a world!!


Here are two of my favorite girls - my daughter and her youngest daughter.  Wonderful picture of the two of them.  Sher brought home some wonderful  photos of her trip.

I have continued to progress on the little quilt and now have almost all of the applique done - it's all laid out on the bed ready to be sewn together.  This was taken before some of the final applique was finished.  I am very happy with it.  This is almost the exact size of Henry's train quilt and equally fun to work on. 

You might like to know that Calvin Coolidge was president when I was born!  Doesn't that sound ancient!!!

17 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Dearest Carol, Happy Birthday!!!
I bet you will be doing some serious celebrating today with your girls!

Hugs, Carolyn

Jackie Fellows said...

You are way younger than 84!!! I can't believe it. Have a wonderful day sewing. Wish I could be there but work calls. Happy Birthday Carol. Enjoy your day.
Jackie

West Michigan Quilter said...

Happy Birthday Carol. I'm so happy for you and think it is wonderful that you blog. A lot of women our age don't do computers! Hope you have a wonderful day!

carol fun said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Carol!!! And many many more! Hope you day is filled with fun activities, fun people,good food and stitching! Heck, that's my wish for you every day!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Carol!! Sounds like you have a wonderful day of celebrating planned. Enjoy!! I love the new blanket. So cute and lovely colors! Skyping is awesome! You will love being able to see Hannah and talk to her. It makes you feel so much closer than a phone call. Hugs my dear!

Donna~~ said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you have a VERY wonderful day! (And you seem way too young to be 84--better check that math--I think you're supposed to subtract one year for every quilt you finish aren't you?) :)

Pokey said...

I am wishing you the brightest, happiest birthday ever! I know you have a great granddaughter to look forward to. You are a bright, encouraging person in my life, I know you are special to so many others, too. Keep the inspiration coming!
hugs, pokey

Quilting Queen said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...that's me singing ...can you hear me?? Oh Well, just know that it's heartfelt...age is just a number...heck, I still feel 16 ++++. Best Wishes, CArol for many , many more.

Jewels said...

You ROCK Carol - sounds like you have a perfect Bday planned (mmmm steaks on the grill). I'd say "here's to another 84" but that might be pushing it LOL...

Joanna said...

Hi Carol, I dropped by from Jewels to wish you a very Happy 84th Birthday!

Looks like you've got a fab day planned, how wonderful :)

EAT CAKE, it's the law!!!!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday! :) It's wonderful all of the things you do to keep occupied, including blogging.

My Mom is 82 but has had dementia already for 4 years, and we went through that with my husband's Mom who died at 90, so yes - it's very much a blessing to be of strong mind and spirit and each Birthday is a blessing. <3

Glad you've enjoyed a good day and I have always enjoyed your blog, even if I don't post often anymore.
Best wishes,
Linda

Leslie said...

Elle and I are hoping that you got to have cake, candy and ice cream today. Happy Birthday!!!!

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope to have good health like you in 40 years time...

Marcia W. said...

Have a wonderful Happy Birthday! Best wishes from Florida.

Karen said...

Happy, happy Birthday Carol!!!! I wish you all the best and many more birthdays to come!

Anonymous said...

you are a hero!
happy birthday

Linda said...

Just wanted to add my belated good wishes. All the best to you!