Monday, September 24, 2012

Lots of Ripping

After much ripping and many trips up and down the stairs (very good exercise for this old gal), the little top is finally together.  Not quite the way I had it originally laid out, but after getting it all done, I suddenly discovered a big mistake which meant I had to take one row completely apart and switch out rows  to get the zig zag effect right.  So I also had to dismantle part of the rows.  Then in getting them back together I ended up with too many light ones together in one spot and the same fabric in adjacent rows on the right side.  Change it again?  No way!  It is kind of pretty even thought I have no idea where it will go.  A good size for the top of a table.  I am just going to add a dark binding after quilting and call it a day.

This is what awaits me in my basement.  Don't know why I am so messy - but I swear I am getting worse all the time.  Colorful mess, though!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

wow, very pretty!!! Maybe a one inch boarder in one of the medium or dark colors may be pretty then the binding. I am sure you will play with it until it is just perfect.

Jewels said...

Carol you are so funny - I would never know anything was amiss with your pretty table topper....J

Pokey said...

It is a pretty one, sweetie! As far as the mes, shoot, I do not think I could create any other way ~
:-}pokey

Karen said...

Now that was exhausting! But, I do love the end result and I like the idea of a dark binding. Very nice Carol!