Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas Sewing

 A few weeks ago, I ordered some Christmas fabric from Connecting Threads.  Yesterday I started cutting pieces for a couple of tablerunners and a snowman wall hanging that I like a lot.   Halloween isn't even here yet, but I have seen so many great projects for Christmas on Pinterest that it's got me thinking Santas, trees and snowmen!  
 In its first stages, the little wall hanging is ready for some machine applique.  Will decide on a border later.  I have lots of fabric to work with.
I made table runners like this several years ago.  This time I will machine buttonhole stitch around the ornaments then embroider the hangers.  I'm thinking a tiny black and white sashing and then a border of one of the prints.   I love the colors in this group of fabrics--I think I just love color, period!  Anyway, fun things to work on!!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh geeze, they are really fun. Great fabrics, love the snowman wall hanging. I have a weakness for snowmen. The neighbor up north said that they got 2-3 inches of snow last week and the ground was covered one morning when they woke up. Too early, I say.

Jewels said...

Love the colors of your "baubles", these are going to be really sweet Carol! Pecking away at my keyboard with one hand! hugs J

carol fun said...

Cute cute cute! I love holiday tablerunners - festive and fun!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

So cute!!! I love these and the colors just pop!!!

Pokey said...

The fabrics sure work together to make this so colorful and happy, Carol! I like the glass ball applique bouncing all over the runner ~
:-}pokey

Karen said...

Fantastic Carol! Love the snowman and really great fabric.

Deb said...

Love the colors you chose so different and they work so well together.