Thursday, October 18, 2012

Embroidery

In the last few years, I have done quite a bit of embroidery which I find to be very enjoyable and easy to pick up and work on for even just a few minutes.  There are so many sources for patterns - especially with the internet.  You can find vintage patterns, primitive patterns, coloring book pages, etc.  It is endless.  You just have to be able to get them into your files and then print them out to the size you want.   Above is a cute angel pattern--
And another.  These are rather seasonal - and there are tons of snowmen and Santas, trees, pumpkins, turkeys, etc., to give you something to make for the holidays coming up. 
 
 This cute gal is more contemporary--she's so cute.


The birds could also be an applique pattern.
This is a vintage pattern and one that is a part of a little girl for each day of the week to be embroidered onto dish towels.  Adorable.  If you would like to find the rest of them, the are on the Embroidery board on my Pinterest page.  The link to that is at the top of the sidebar.  There are also lots and lots of other cute embroidery patterns and old embroidered pieces there.  Lots can be found on Flickr and also by just putting what you want in the search box and googling.
This is one of my favorites - and I want to do it some day.  It is tinted with crayons and then ironed to set the color.  I just love this little girl taking care of her flowers.  So many fun things to do!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am with you, I love embroidery also. Neat patterns. Going up north for the weekend, hope the colors are still showing on the trees. Looks like rain in the forecast.

Deb said...

I love embroidery, these patterns are sweet, I like the simplicity of the subjects, and the piece with the girl watering the garden is outstanding. I like the crayon use, I have dye sticks I want to try with some embroidery I just haven't found the right pattern.