Saturday, October 27, 2012

Squirrel Buffet

A really bad picture - but I think you will be able to get the idea.  If you look closely, you can see what's left of a little pumpkin that was sitting on the step in front of my mums.   Gradually, something has been whittling away until there was quite a mess on the step.  When I went out the front door this afternoon, there were three squirrels that scattered to the winds when they heard and saw me.  My little pumpkin eaters!   So I decided to move the pumpkin to the ground right by the steps and also cleaned up their little mess of seeds and pumpkin pieces.
I left the inside door ajar and stood quietly trying to get a picture of the little picnickers.  You can just see one of the little guys having a treat in the above picture.   Unfortunately, the pictures were taken through the storm door screen so are very fuzzy.  A good picture of the door handle, though.  I almost got a picture of a squirrel sitting on the pumpkin eating.  Waited for quite a few minutes for them to come back but didn't work out.  They are such cute little things.  My neighbor from across the street said that almost all of the people who have real pumpkins for fall decorations are "feeding" the little critters who frequent our condo complex.  It's turned much cooler again, the leaves are almost all down and probably there will be some white flakes falling in the next few weeks.   How fast time goes by.  Have a great Sunday!!

(Henry's picture is in the perfect place for each new post.  Just looking at his adorable little face makes me smile and wish I could give him a hug and kiss.  Norah and Chad do a great job of keeping pictures and little videos coming.  We will skype with them tomorrow evening.  And also with the new little mommy to be, Molly, and daddy Doug.   The time is nearing for the eagerly awaited safe and sound arrival of the new little baby girl.  She will find lots and lots of people welcoming her with so much love.)  


3 comments:

carol fun said...

Oh those furry little rascals were feasting on my pumpkins too - LOL! I had hoped they'd wait till after Halloween - oh well - all God's creatures need to eat now, don't they? Henry is just so cute - those chubby little cheeks - who could resist!

Jewels said...

The squirrels have been this year all over town Carol. I gave up on real pumpkins and Indian Corn (another favorite) a few years ago LOL...

Leslie said...

cute pictures!!!