Here's a glimpse of what I have planned out. I made one yesterday and it turned out okay. I have everything traced on fusible web ready to be ironed to the fabric and cut out. Will do this on an assembly line basis.
A while ago when I was finishing the edges of the stocking faces with a nice stitch I have on my machine, all of a sudden my machine would not move forward! Panic! I checked all the buttons to see if I had somehow or other pushed a wrong one. It was as if the feed dogs were down but they were not. Took the plate covering the bobbinworks off and there was what I thought was the reason - lint under the feed dogs! Lots of it! I must say I am usually so good about checking and cleaning that quite often and have never ever had a problem. So, out comes the little brush and I cleaned away all that bad stuff, reassembled everything and figured I had it cured. It was not. Still would not go forward! So I took the soleplate off again, fiddled around again - don't know exactly what I did - put it all back together. Guess what, it worked! Sigh of relief! I don't think, though, that it will be too long until I will maybe have to buy a new machine. This old friend of mine is 24 years old and has been just a stellar companion and served me well. I will never get rid of it. There are two things I would replace if they go bad and that is my sewing machine and my computer--I love the time I spend with them.