Monday, November 12, 2012

Still Cutting Out After All The Years

Little did I know back when I was a little girl cutting out paper dolls every chance I got that I would spend lots of time in my later life cutting out fused fabric for applique.  Here is a basketful of scraps from the pieces needed for the stockings.  Those pieces have been fused now and are ready for the buttonhole stitch.  Doing the names will take some time as so many of the letters have little openings in the center - some of them two openings - and they are pretty small to stitch around plus it feels awkward just going around an inner curve.  However, it really should not take too long for each stocking.

 Toes and heels are all appliqued and everything is edge stitched.   So I'm making good progress.  The envelopes hold the pieces to finish each piece.   Doing all the stitching in gold thread and it's working well.   Now back to the machine for a spell and then have to get ready for a trip to Kroger.  Sherry mentioned that I have not made veggie soup in a while - so I think I will do that Wednesday.   Sounds good to me, also, and there are good leftovers.  I have her bring over a big pan and share with her.  Used to be able to find almost everything for making soup, etc., in my cupboards and fridge - but that's not the case anymore so hence the necessary jaunt to Kroger.  Besides, I am out of ice cream again!  That won't do.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Its going to get cold and soup will be great for all of you.

Queenie Believe said...

Can't wait to see more of these stockings.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Pokey said...

those stockings are going to be so nice when you are done, Carol! Can't wait to see them ~
:-}pokey

Deb said...

WOW it looks like you have your work cut out for you.

Funny how many of us began cutting out paper dolls and snowflakes when we were young children and grew up to continue snipping and cutting out.

I can't wait to see the stockings progress.

Sherry said...

The soup is YUMMY!!! Thanks, Old Hag!

Karen said...

It's soup season for sure and homemade bread too! Great stocking progress and how fun it would be to play paper dolls again.