Saturday, December 22, 2012

Off to Portland in the Morning

I did make some of the little snowmen from stockings and rice.  They actually went together easily, but I stopped with these five little fellows.  I gave Sherry the little guy in the argyle and the one with the Christmas stripe.  She said she will keep the first one out all winter in her room at school - the little kids she works with will like him, I'm sure.  Two more went as gifts and the second little fellow from the left  is on my mantel.  They are kind of heavy with the rice as filling so would not be good to mail many of them.  Also probably a good idea to keep away from water!!

I am packed - and will be ready for Sherry and Barc to pick me up at 9:00 in the morning for our drive to Chicago to catch a flight to Portland tomorrow afternoon.  It will be a long day, but I'm so looking forward to meeting sweet little Annie for the first time and having Hannah back with us again!   I wish Norah, Chad and Henry could be there, but we will do some super skyping with them!!   Bill and Ann are on there way out there right now. 

So I send all of my blogging friends my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you get to spend good time with family and friends and have lots of fun and good food.  See you in a week.   

7 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Have a wonderful holiday with your family!!

xoxoxox, Carolyn

Karen said...

Merry Christmas Carol!

Jewels said...

Safe travels my friend and enjoy your time with your family. See you in the new year....hugs.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Have a blessed and safe Christmas! Long journey...but oh so worth it to see family...especially new little one!
Hugs!

leslie said...

Love up that baby. Happy travels.

Janet said...

Merry Christmas, Carol!! Wishing you on time flights and wonderful memory making times with your family!

Deb said...

Oh those snowman are so darn cute. I collect snowman. Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe trip.