Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Heart Batiks

Yesterday afternoon I made a little shop hop to the two local quilt shops and picked out some luscious batiks to go with the little strippy quilt I am working on.  I wish I could afford a half yard of each and every one they have, but of course that is not feasible.  I picked out the above - love the "dirty" colors!



Wanted more variety in the neutral backgrounds of the strips and found these four - especially love the one with the wavy stripe and dots. 

I am really pleased with the way all of the fabrics go with each other and with the first strip that is now all machine appliqued.  Lovin' this one!  Now to cut lots and lots more leaves.  To make drawing them on the fusible web much easier, I cut a stencil and it's a snap to run the pen along the inside.  Much easier than trying to hold a little template with your finger and trying to draw around it. 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

and, She's back........!!!! Glad to see you feel better, girl.

Leslie said...

She's back.......Pace yourself Girl.

Sarajan (Jan to friends!) said...

I'm so glad I found your blog - it's so inspiring. Hope you're having a warm, relaxing weekend, Jan