Friday, March 15, 2013

Working on Both Quilts

Here are the nine rows done and ready to be sewn together.  I'm loving this  - the batiks and the Kaffe fabrics just go together wonderfully.  So glad I cut up the jelly roll thing I had sewn together, and glad that I decided to add Kaffe.
There are a few blocks that are half and half.  In the picture above, is some gold fabric with hot pink flowers that I just love.   Some of the prints individually I don't like at all, but they seem to blend in together just beautifully.  The colors in this picture and the following one are very close to the actual coloring.  The ones in the top photo I enhanced as they were too dull.  Now they are a little to dark but better.

Deciding on a border--I love the hot pink and maroon piece for a first border but, alas, there is not enough of that.  I will probably make a trip to the quilt shop and see what I can find.  The other pieces are just put up on the wall as an idea.  I do like them together and would add other colors, too, I think.  This has turned out to going from an absolutely nothing start to pretty exciting.  As for the little black and white quilt, all the blocks are machine buttonholed and I am working on sashing and have cut the setting pieces. 

5 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Wow! Love the way those fabrics are looking together--really a nice combo!

Jewels said...

Oh this will be a pretty one Carol!

Leslie said...

Its national quilt day on Saturday and I think alot of places have sales. So good shopping to you!!! I would take you but I am off to Lansing with Elle for skating, so shop with me in mind. lol

Karen said...

Fabulous fabric! Love the photo of Annie on your sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I never mix batiks with "regular" fabrics, but this has inspired me! Gotta go pull out my Kaffe and batiks and start playing!
katfishb@yahoo.com