Thursday, March 28, 2013

Working on My Projects


Here are the four borders all pieced for the batik quilt.  I am so loving all these bright colors!  All I have to do is cut a narrow black border and a print border than add these pieced ones and I think it will be really striking.    The more prints I can get into a quilt, the better I like it.  I adore scrappy!

And here is another scrappy one - made with charm squares and some other pieces that I cut.  The little pink polka dot pieces stuck on the wall will probably be the corners in this.  There are sixteen blocks here and I have 25 laid out to do.  The border will probably be 2 1/2 inch x 5 strips laid out lengthwise and hopefully I will have enough of the little polka dot on white to do the binding.
 
 


A couple of blocks laid out on the bed ready to have the corners sewn on to make the star points. 
Lots of pieces on the ironing board waiting either to go into a block or into the border.  I will cut each one in half to be sewn together for a pretty scrappy border.   Very cheery colors to be working with - would make a darling quilt for a little girl's room!  I can think of a little girl who might like it in a number of years.   And I am also thinking of making something that would look cute in a little boy's room in a number of years!   (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

lil red hen said...

These colors are gorgeous! Do you buy them in charm packs or by the yard? The star blocks made with the scrappy squares will make a beautiful quilt.

leslie said...

Oh, I like all of them. You do such wonderful work.

Jewels said...

Your so funny Carol - wonder who that lucky little girl/boy are indeed! Should be back in Midland Sunday afternoon -hope you have a happy Easter...

Beth Niquette said...

I am baffled at how you make these--I am not sure I would have the patience. What incredibly lovely colors--this is an art.