Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Entries are Ready for Our Quilt Show

Spent most of the afternoon yesterday making labels for the pieces I am putting in our quilt show which will be this weekend.   They are not fancy and a couple are whopperjawed, but they are done and now sewn on the quilts.  I still had one side of the Swoon quilt to finish binding, too, so I did my sewing as I danced with the stars.  I think tonight Victor (I think that's the name of the boxer) will go.  Actually, I think he is a darling little guy, but actually he isn't a very good dancer so it is his turn to leave.  Then probably Andy should be next - although you just can't help liking him - he is really trying so hard.  Next would be Shawn (is that his name?) who is a gorgeous man but not much of a dancer either.   I think it will come down to the girls in the finale and will either be Kelly or the cute little teenager.  I was still sewing when Castle came on - another good one!

Three more scrappy blocks on my old makeshift small design board - they hang over.  These would be great in black and white, also.  The cutting of the strips is the most tedious part.  When you get in the zone, it doesn't take too long to put a block together.  I cut quite a few strips this afternoon and have been going through fabric to see what else I can put in the mix. 

No picture, but I baked a snickerdoodle cake yesterday afternoon - didn't want to go to Kroger and was out of sweet stuff!!  That can't be tolerated!  This was from the internet and was very, very easy and it's very, very good if you like snickerdoodle cookies.  Mix it in a jiffy and it bakes in 20 to 30 minutes.  It's like a coffee cake. 

Lorraine's Snickerdoodle

1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. melted butter
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
Mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls.  (I took a little whisk and whisked the flour, sugar, etc., together - and then did the same with the milk and egg and then whisked in the melted butter so it wouln't cook the egg).  Combine the separate mixtures.   Pour into a buttered 8" square pan (I used Pam) and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Next time (and there will be a next time) I would mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on the top.   YUMMY!  I think some whipped cream cheese might be nice on it. 

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Geez girlfriend how many entries do you have LOL! Can't wait to see them. Hugs...

Podunkpretties said...

Snickerdoodle cake! I love the cookie, so much that I only bake them once or twice a year because I can't stop eating them. Pretty sure I could eat the entire batch in one day. I'll be making the cake this week! Thanks for the recipe!

Alicia said...

Snickerdoodles are my favorites from childhood when our Camp Fire Girls group took cooking classes at the local gas company's office. Those were great days. I doubt the kids get to do that now with all the govt rules. This sounds like a quick fix for that little niggling yen for something sweet. Thanks for the recipe!