Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quote of the Day



 
Today as I was going through some old files, I ran across a notebook I had that contained lots and lots of quotes - quilting and otherwise - that I found on the internet.  Those had been used for notecards I made several years ago for our guild's quilt show bazaar.  Along with cute vintage pictures of ladies mainly in the roaring twenties era, I printed the cards and donated them to the guild.  Love to do things like that!  As I looked at the quotes, I thought it might be fun to have a "quote of the day" whether I posted anything else or note.  Some days there just is nothing to show anymore - you have seen almost all of my quilts and wallhangings, old family pictures, pictures of my current family, almost everything I have that is near and dear to my heart in the way of my "old stuff", flowers that I have planted, etc., all things part of my life.   After five years (in May) it is hard to come up with posts sometimes.  I notice that some of the bloggers who I have followed almost from the beginning are having gaps in their posting also.  However, I love blogging and don't want to put it aside.  So, to go along with the cute little gal in the cloche hat, I would probably have added a quote to go along with her picture that might have been---
 
 
You know you are drinking too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running!
 
or
 
I got a sewing machine for my husband.  Good trade, huh?
 
 


4 comments:

lil red hen said...

What you say is so true! I just seem to have run dry when it comes to anything new to write about. I don't want to show, each day, how many stitches I took on a quilt and there's not much left about my limited life experiences.

The quotes will be interesting to read.

Leslie said...

Those are cute!!!

Jewels said...

I remember those cards Carol - I kept my favorites lol. Love your quotes. Hope you are staying dry...

2e6992bc-a86b-11e0-8ce6-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Just started to read your blog. I love quotes and really enjoyed these. Hello from Scotland where spring might arrive this week LOL
Carol W crlwilkie@aol.com