Sunday, April 21, 2013

Some Playing Around with the Scrappy Trip

I have been wanting to make one of these blocks for some time but have been busy getting my pieces finished for our quilt show.  That is almost done so I am playing today - especially since I actually did some cleaning yesterday!  Not a whole lot but did get some things straightened out and some of the dust caught up in the Hoover.   How I hate housework anymore!!!!!!  Back to this little block - it won't be used, I don't think, but it has helped me in figuring out what I want to do.  The middle diagonal row will have to be very dark in each one - maybe even the same fabric.   I actually just jumped right in and cut strips and squares from those strips - that was wrong.  I had forgotten that you strip piece sixteen inch 2 1/2" strips  then slice the piece into 6 two and one-half inch strips.   Read the directions, old woman!!!   I think this will be fun to do and, Leslie, do you want to do one too?  Anyone else? 

I will be having steak on the grill with Sher and Barc tonight plus I hear there  will be skype sessions with some very nice people including two adorable little kids in Denver and Portland, too.  Looking forward to all of that!!


Quote for the Day: 

"If I stitch fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise?"