Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Little Bit Frosty This Morning


 Lots of sewing across the tops of the blades for the dresden plates -
then lots of turning with the little wooden point turner -
then a lot of pressing to get the basketful of blades all ready for the fun part!  Today I will lay out plates and sew them together.  Takes quite a while to prep the pieces but you end up with such pretty neat little points ready for your applique of choice.  I think I know what the middle will be - a very pretty orange.

Frost on the roof this a.m.  I didn't bring in my two hanging baskets but they are nice and perky and didn't seem to be bothered.  Will have to start thinking about what I am going to put out this year.   For the first time, there won't be nearly as much,  but everything changes.  However, there will be some flowers, for sure!!

Quote for the Day:

       "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity."



3 comments:

Karen said...

Perfect points! I have made two Dresden quilts and now you have me wishing to make another.

Jewels said...

While I enjoyed your post I was really impressed with the photos of Henry and Annie - they are so cute Carol!

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, such lovely colors!