Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


To all of you moms out there - and special love to Norah and Molly on being new moms!  Norah is having her second Mother's Day and Molly her first.   And special love to my daughter, Sherry, too, their mom!    My thoughts go back to the dear women in my life no longer here - my mom, sister and grandma.  Hope the day is a good one for all of you.

I found a really good quote for the day on Pinterest!
So true!  I have some "my mom used to say" little tidbits that I remember and use occasionally.   If you have read my blog for a long time, you know that my mother was Nan Pearce Droll and she showed up countless times on Fashion Friday.  One of her sayings she would use whenever one of us was whiny or wishing for something that we probably wouldn't be getting was "Wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which gets full the quickest!"   Just a humorous little way of saying no.  There was also lots about Nan on my Pieces of the Past blog which I haven't posted to in a long time. 

So Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there from Funoldhag.

2 comments:

Leslie &Elle said...

Thanks and to you too my friend.

lil red hen said...

Love your mom's quote!