This quilttop is all ready to have the rows sewn together - but I still have to cut the setting triangles. I kind of like the sweet colors in this one and like the fact that I used quite a few charm squares that I had plus some that I cut. The setting triangles will be the light fabric which has little flecks of color in it. It won't take long to get it all together except that I started cutting dresden plate pieces.
I decided on the dresden plate pattern because many of the quilts done in Kaffe Fasset fabric are the old fashioned patterns and I think they are so striking! I was also tempted to do the snowball pattern. Maybe I will another time. The fabric does all the work in most of the quilts it is used in. This is the second batch of pieces I have cut. Altogether I will need 25 plates and each one has 12 spokes so that is quite a bit of cutting. I have been folding these right sides together and giving them a quick press which makes for easier pressing after they are sewn and turned. You can make them nice and straight that way. The colors are soooooo pretty - I do love red.
Here are a couple laid out on the red fabric which will be cut into blocks. Plan on using the layout that I did on the Edyta Sitar dresden plate hanging I did earlier. I will use a darker red, also.
Here you can see a piece of the darker red - it shows up quite well. Both the reds are so very pretty. The dark will be the corners and setting triangles.
Here is another block laid out by my machine ready to be sewn together. Certainly looks different on the wood than on the batik! Don't know whether I will do invisible machine applique or hand applique. Haven't done any by hand for a while and that might be kind of fun. Then I will have to pick something for the centers. Really bright, cheery fabric to work with!!