Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I've Got the Blues - and Greens, Etc.

I ordered more fabric from Glorious Color and also made another trip to Park Bench for some batiks and a couple more pieces of  this scrumptious stuff.
 I want to do another quilt in these colors - an old traditional pattern in the modern prints.   My red dresden plates is ready to be sewn together and I will not start cutting on this one until the plates are sewn.  But I am thinking hard about my next piece.
I sew love the cut of fabric stretched out against the others!  Sent an order for some yardage of that.  It is soooooo pretty.
Here you can see the pieces of batik I bought yesterday for backgrounds - plus some I had in my stash.  Yummy stuff.
Here's what I'm thinking - what would happen if Sunbonnet Sue

had developed a crush on Kaffe Fassett and the other fellows who design fabrics with him.  I'm thinking it might be a pretty colorful old traditional quilt.   But I am going to get Dresden Plates all together before I start finding the right Sue or Sues to use.   I have figured out a layout and itch to start it.  

Quote of the Day--


 

3 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Your new fabric are wonderful! I think anything you make with them will be lovely. I also really like your quote of the day.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Jewels said...

Carol you are such a fabric hoarder LOL - at least you manage to get it all made into beautiful quilts - what lovely weather we are having! Hope you are enjoying it! J

Leslie said...

Love all of them!!!!