Sunday, June 23, 2013

Now I Can Work on the Blues

I have been looking around on the internet and in my books and files and have come up with this as a layout for the blues and greens that I have been wanting to cut into!   Love the offset rows.
It will be a very traditional sunbonnet girl wallhanging - and I have narrowed it down this chubby little minx which came from the Kansas City paper sometime in the late 70's or early 80's when we lived there and
 and this little cutie.  If I choose this little girl, her hat will be very plain.   The piece will be traditional but in the modern fabrics.  Don't think I will be using rickrack, either.
I started cutting blocks and triangles and putting them on my basement wall.  So far,  it is what I was envisioning.  Love, love, love the colors!! 
Here I have pinned both patterns on the blocks and I am really leaning toward the cutie in the upper left corner - however she will be a bit smaller. 
In this photo, I have put a piece of fabric that I totally love next to the pieces.  I have ordered some yardage of that and will use it for backing and do something about a border.  No decision on that yet.  So far, so good! 




 
Quote of the Day--
 

3 comments:

lil red hen said...

These are lovely fabrics! I've used the Sunbonnet Sue in the upper block on a quilt for a granddaughter. Good choice!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your new project, Carol!!

:) Carolyn

Jen said...

This is such a neat project! Stumbled upon your blog tonight...WOW!