Sunday, June 30, 2013

On the Basement Wall

Here are the little sunbonnet girls on the wall in the basement.  I changed the way I am putting the corners on each of the blocks---they are now butting against another corner of the same fabric and I am liking that better.  Haven't figured out what the border will be.  I thought it would be the pretty multistriped dotted fabric but am now thinking maybe it will be some of the batiks.  Will play around with that.  

 I tried to do something different with some of the bonnets.   I think this one turned out cute.
 Fun to dress the girls.  Sometimes you can hit on something instantly and other times it takes a while.   Sometimes you have to move the template around on different places on the fabric.  

While looking around on the internet this afternoon, I found this -

beautiful paper pieced quilt by my friend, Linda McGibbon, who does the most exquisite work!  This lovely piece was in a quilt show in Shipshewana, Indiana, and I know it won a prize.   I think she had two of them in the show and they both won ribbons.  Will check on that for sure.  I just happened to find this on a blog called
She designs all of her quilts on EQ 7 (I think that is the number) and is now selling patterns.  She also does long arm quilting and has quilted some quilts for me - her work is beautiful. 

Quote for the Day--
 

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Sue is turning out just wonderfully!! This will be a fun quilt to look at.

Threeundertwo said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your Sues and their little dresses! What a brilliant idea. This is going to be a great quilt.

annquilts2 said...

Sue Has A Cruch on Kaffe? Love the name Carol! Your so funny! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Donna~~ said...

I would never of thought Kaffes would work so well for little dresses--they are really cute! Love your colors too. Maybe you could work the spotted fabric in as a lattice between the rows? Or something fun on the back? I always end up using something different in my outer border than I planned on. That is a gorgeous quilt by Linda McGibbon--such little pieces and intense color.