Friday, June 14, 2013

Still Seeing Red


 Progress on the dresden plates quilt--I have about 14 of the blocks done.   The plate above is centered on its block waiting for me to use my Elmer's gluestick to hold the edges in place.  The center has been appliqued with the invisible machine applique stitch using a Sulky orange on top.  You can see the bites into the center, but it looks great.


This block has been appliqued down and I used dark but clear filament thread in my machine.  It went quickly and the bites don't show enough to detract from the piece.  So much quicker than hand applique.

A week or so ago I stopped at the Park Bench to get some more fabric for this quilt and I had some of the plates with me.   Patty, one of the owners, was loving it and after I left, I think she started making a block of her own.  She also got Ann, her partner, going and Ann, too, is working on some gorgeous blocks.  I was in there today and they had been searching through Pinterest for more ideas.  They have a post on their blog, too -
Park Bench Quilt Shop: Dresden Plates Modern Style!.   The Park Bench is a beautiful quilt shop, full of scrumptious, colorful fabric - these girls have an eye for it.  I would love to have at least half a yard of each bolt!!!   That ain't going to happen, though, but I will get as much as I can.

Quote for the Day----

So true!










1 comment:

carol fun said...

These are GORGEOUS! I love the Kaffe's on the red - they just glow! Oh i would love to have a half yard of each of these too... but its not in the budget - oh well. Happy stitching!