Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stupid Carol Trick

 I have been working on the sunbonnet girls -- have three of them fused on blocks and stitched down.  This little gal is done with her four corners sewn on and
this cutie is by my sewing machine waiting for her corners.  There is a third one all buttonholed and done that I won't be able to use.  Another stupid Carol trick!  I have cut all the blocks 9" square, but for some reason or other I had it in my head that I had to trim half an inch from each one before I put the corners on.  As I was trimming a block, I looked at my layout and saw that I had written 8 1/2" - cut the block 9".  Thank heavens I found my mistake or I would have three unusable blocks and would have really been fuming!   Guess those things keep us humble.

I can see looking at this picture that I probably will put a different triangle in the lower lefthand corner.  I also am thinking about something to put in their hands - maybe a posie of some kind. 

Quote of the Day --

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wayyyy to hard on yourself Miss Carol!!! lol That is you just being creative, I guess you made a pot holder or mug rug, huh.

Queenie Believe said...

Your sun bonnet sues are wonderful. This is going to be a lovely quilt.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Jewels said...

Somehow Carol I think it will turn out gorgeous LOL! J