Sunday, August 18, 2013

Damn YoYo Quilt

 
Way back in 2006, our guild had a "Bag O' Stuff" challenge which I participated in.  The idea was to put all kinds of things in a bag which you would exchange for someone else's and make a little quilt from the contents of the bag.  Lori got my bag - Lori is full of fun and full of the dickens, one of my favorite quilters!  This is the little wall hanging she put together from the old fabric, buttons, etc., I had in my bag.  I also threw in some yoyo's for no particular reason and actually they did not even fit the rest of the mix.   Lori didn't use them but she called this the "Damn Yoyo Quilt" and wrote the funniest little note to go with it.  I probably still have that someplace but don't know where!!  
   




 
I do recall that she mentioned the center of the star coming together so nicely - and she was so right!!  Look at all of the many pieces in each star section and how flat the piece lies.  It is super pretty.  And she did a great job with her quilting.  I love it.  I use it as a table topper by the bed in my sewing room.

Here is the really fun label (using some of the lace and buttons) on the back of the piece.  Good job, Lori!  One of my favorite things.    Maybe it would be fun if the guild had this sort of a challenge again.  It may have been an over the summer activity. 

Quote of the Day--

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh the memories, my favorite bag of stuff exchange was from Janna g.. It was a funny presentation to me also, cause Janna hates browns and that's what I gave her! Good memories with our friends ,huh!

Jewels said...

I remember this one LOL....thanks for sharing...

LindaB said...

I am so glad I came upon your blog, the quilts you feature are beautiful and your little stories are very entertaining.