Sunday, August 25, 2013

How Very Sweet It Is



I am overwhelmed by the many wonderful birthday wishes for my 85th birthday blog post!    There were so many lovely comments--both from bloggers I have been in touch with for quite a long time to some I have never met online - and from all over.   I thank you so much for your kind words and for reading my blog.  It has been such fun writing it these past 5+ years. 
 
And, look at the basket of cards I have sitting on my hearth!   My fellow quilters in the quilt guild showered me with birthday cards for my big birthday!  What fun finding all the cards in my mailbox on each of several days.   Thank you,  my quilting friends, for the many cards and notes.  What a great bunch of ladies I am involved with.
 
And Facebook brought me many more birthday wishes from all over!   What a nice warm feeling to be remembered by so many.   Again, I am in awe of all the wishes!! 
 
Bill and Ann, my son and his wife, came from KC on Wednesday and we had a good birthday dinner with Sherry and Barc at their house.   That evening we did face time with my granddaughters and families.  There were texts also from all the girls and a long phone call from my brother in Florida.  It was such a lovely birthday.
 
I splurged and bought a new tv - it's smarter than I am!  Bill got it all wired up and all the components hooked up.  I am now able to play my cd player again, too,  - I had missed that.  Still have some putting away to do from all the moving around but no hurry on that.  I'm still using the old shelves I've had forever, but they hold my quilting books and I have no idea where else I would put them.  Bill also did some replacing of flourescent lights,  put a new socket on my floor lamp and quite a few jobs like that.    And Ann helped me with my new health insurance.  That is her line of work and has been for many years so she was a tremendous help.  The time went by quickly - they are back in KC now.
And, for me, back to my comfy little existence with a lot of happy memories of turning 85 years old.   86-----here I come! 
 
 
 



5 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! A new TV (and better yet getting it hooked up and working) is a great present to yourself, although I hope you included some new fabrics in your birthday celebration too!

Jewels said...

Whahoo Carol - Mr D and I have to come over for another visit to check out the "big screen" LOL. It was lots of fun being in cahoots with Guild members to shower you with so many well deserved happy returns my friend! Looking forward to lunch this week!

Leslie said...

I am so glad that you had such fun on your birthday. New phone, new tv, I do hope that your old sewing machine still excites you. Lol. See you Tuesday, friend!

Leslie said...

I am so glad that you had such fun on your birthday. New phone, new tv, I do hope that your old sewing machine still excites you. Lol. See you Tuesday, friend!

Judith Tischmacher said...

I loved reading about your birthday fun! Happy Birthday, may you feel loved and blessed!

I have just 'found' your blog and I went back some to get to know you and I find that I am sooooo drawn to your choice of colors and fabrics and patterns! I love your work! I will be checking in often.