Monday, August 5, 2013

Thanksgiving in August

Here they are - my two little greatgrandkids!   They are both adorable and I am so happy to have been able to spend time with them.   A joy!   And it was so nice to see these three pretty girls, too!
Norah, on the left, is expecting a sibling for Henry in January.  Molly, in the middle, is Annie's mom.  The third sweetie is Hannah, who was in the Peace Corps for two years.   So fun to be with them again - they are a treasured part of my life.   The three of them took me to Traverse City and we had pedicures for one of my birthday gifts.  There were three birthdays celebrated - Henry will be 2 in three days,  Norah 36 on the 11th and then my 85th is almost here. 

My daughter had the idea that since we wouldn't be together on Thanksgiving this year that we have a Thanksgiving dinner while we were at the cabin.   We did!   She did a turkey in her big roaster (barely got it in) and everyone else was assigned a part of the feast.  My contribution was pumpkin pie.   The turkey smell floated all around the vicinity and it smelled so good!   The weather was so cool - more like October than August!
Here is the table of food where we filled our plates and then took them out to the picnic table in front of the cabin to enjoy the great Thanksgiving traditional dinner--turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, greenbeans in mushroom soup and rolls followed by pumpkin pie and a yummy chocolate pie.

Here is everyone there (my son and his wife could not make it that weekend but will be coming up in two weeks).   I am so blessed with having such a great family - I love them all with all my heart!  

A good group!!

6 comments:

Jewels said...

What a lovely weekend - and what a great idea for a Thanksgiving dinner - the weather was perfect for it. Everyone looks so happy :>

Leslie said...

You all look so happy to be together and the babies are darling. It was really cool out wasn't it. I can't tell if I am complaining about it or happy to not have the typical humidity. lol

Lee Prairie Designs said...

You are "BLESSED"!!!!

Hugs, Carolyn

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Such a great post! I think it is so neat that you guys clebrated Thanksgiving in July.
Lovely pics of your beautiful family
Hope your well
Love
Maggie

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my goodness! How darling is this?! What a lovely family you have.

annquilts2 said...

Everyone looks great! They look so happy and relaxed. It must have been a fantastic time!