Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Here She Is, Miss Unique

This little girl made her debut at guild last night so I can post her picture - kind of a coming out party.  This round robin will be lots of fun - there is a good sized group of quilters taking part and any of the ones I would get will be fun to work on.  This time I got Annie's - she is one of our newer members and a sweetheart.  I already know what I will do for hers.

Had a very fun, busy day yesterday.  Went to Frankenmuth - a quaint little German town about 45 minutes from here - to hear a lecture and see a slide show by Sue Nichols (hope I spelled that right).  Sue is from Ann Arbor but has become a nationally known quilter (along with her sister Pat Holly) and also teaches machine quilting.  She and her sister made the Beattles quilt that won the Best of Show at Paducah some years back.  She was fun to listen to and the quilts are gorgeous.  There was a luncheon also and some vendors.  At one vendors, I bought an adorable panel to make this owl pillow
Isn't that darling?  I plan to cut a pattern off of it and make some more.  The possibilities are endless.  I am sure Henry and Annie would love owl pillows!  I can see it in all kinds of pattern and color combinations.

Then early evening a bunch of us went out to dinner before guild.  That is always fun - lots of giggles with those gals.  And the program for guild was soooo good!   Linda (who absolutely excels in paper piecing.) and Leslie (with her beautiful hand applique and embroidery) showed a wonderful array of their gorgeous quilts and wallhangings.   All beautiful, some breathtaking, it was a wonderful program.   I think I have mentioned before that Linda designs all her quilts on #Q7 and also has a line of patterns and a website.    http://www.lakeviewquilting2.com/    Leslie's hand work is beautiful and her colors lovely.  A fun program!

Words for today:

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Wonderful Carol...J

West Michigan Quilter said...

She is adorable. Is she on one of your pinterest boards yet? I want to pin her but I don't know how unless it is on a board.

Leslie said...

That was such a fun day. A really full day of fun.

annquilts2 said...

I like owl pillows...

lil red hen said...

I love her! Done in the black and white is perfect!