Friday, October 25, 2013

More Cross Stitch Pieces

 Another beautiful piece done by my husband, Ray.  He did several that were very large and very complex and he so loved working on them. 
Here is a closeup of the beautiful woman - and she is beautiful!


Another P. Buckley Moss.  Darling little girl embroidering.    I had these lying on the ironing board so the angle is not the best.  However, you can still see how very pretty these pieces are. 
A pair of mallards flying.  This is one of his earlier pieces.  He did several with ducks.   The color of the mallard drake is just perfect.  My father did a lot of duck hunting so I saw a lot of ducks in my early life.


A piece featuring an antique shop with lots and lots of fun stuff for sale.  Many, many short runs of stitches - lots of changing of colors. 

Again, I will save the rest for one more post later on.   I love looking at these again and love thinking about how much Ray enjoyed sitting in his recliner doing his beautiful stitching.  Sweet memories.


4 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh my Carol - Mr D and I must come over soon and have a good look at them all....stay dry and warm today!

Leslie said...

And as you know, you are my kind of crazy!! Looking forward to Wednesday with Lori and you. It snowed up north a few inches. Can you believe it, my pumpkins have snow on them in october.

carol fun said...

Oh Carol -- I love seeing these pieces that your husband did -- He was a wonderful stitcher -- such beautiful work - thanks for sharing them with us! Take care - hugs!

Jen said...

Wonderful pieces! What treasures. I love reading your blog, you are such a positive gal!