Sunday, November 3, 2013

For the New Little Baby on the Way


Have been thinking and looking on the internet for ideas for another baby quilt for Henry's new little sister who will be born after the first of the year.  I purchased some pretty fabric in dots and stripes and solids.  Thinking owls, I have looked at many owl quilts on Pinterest and different websites and printed out different owls that I could work from for ideas.  The owls on the design wall are just paper pinned up to get an idea of how many, how they will look, etc.
Here are a few of the many cute little birds (I guess they are birds!) that are all over the internet.  Owls are really in!   I want to make tree limbs and leaves in each of the white spaces where the owls will live.   Perhaps a few birds and butterflies will be mixed in.

A few of the fabrics that I will use for the owls.  Should be fun choosing the colors for the appliques.  The inspiration for this came from a quilt made by my friend, Kathy, for one of two of her first grandchildren due in the next months.  Unfortunately,  I didn't take a picture of it but I did find her inspiration picture--
Kathy used polka dots in hers.  This is a Riley Blake Design.

How about a giggle for today?  I love Maxine - she tells it like it is!!


4 comments:

carol fun said...

Cute cute cute!

Denise SA said...

Dear Carol I came across your blog looking for inspiration for hexagon quilts and have read many of your posts. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing I just hope that at 84 I will still be quilting.

Pokey said...

You have a great plan coming together! Carol, you are always inspiring ~
:-}pokey

Jen said...

Love! Owls are in. I found a minkee type fabric from Shannon fabrics with owls...used it for a backing on my daughters quilt. Lots of patterns out there...can't wait to see what you make.