Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Dresden Plate is Back and a Christmas Project

Linda brought me my dresden plate when we were at Sit and Sew on Tuesday.   I am absolutely thrilled with the quilting she did for me!   It really is about the most beautiful quilt I have ever made - at least in my eyes.  And she did such an amazing job in choosing and carrying out the quilt patterns. 
 These pictures don't do justice it - the color is so saturated it is hard to get a good photo.  You can see the lovely swirls in one of the setting blocks and the outline quilting around the plates.   After I get it bound, I will take my time and get better pictures.

At Park Bench the other day, I saw a panel for an advent calendar hanging.  I have one that I made several years ago from a Nancy Halvorsen (think that is the right name) panel.   A few of the little pieces are hanging on the buttons.    It's cute like all of her designs.
Now that there are two little ones and soon to be a third in our family,  I decided it's time to pass this along to one of the families and then quickly put together the new one for the other group of sweeties.

 All pinned and ready to quilt - actually, I am almost done quilting the main part of the panel.......
with my usual loop the loops.  I did all the outlining in invisible thread - certainly is forgiving and much quicker than trying to stay right on the lines.   For the background, though, I have used some bottom line thread in a cream and it looks good.  
Now I don't know which one to give to which family.   Guess I will just draw a straw or name out of a hat or something.  They are both cute as buttons and I am sure the little ones will like either one.  Will sew buttons on the tree for all the little pieces that have to be fused to felt and cut out.  On the Santa, I actually covered small buttons and sewed those on.  Probably will just find some plain ones in red for this one.

A thought for the day-----  



7 comments:

Jewels said...

lovely Carol!

Deb said...

Lovely, the color of the Dresden Plate is fabulous.

annquilts2 said...

Love, Love, Love the dresden plate! It turned out beautiful. You do awesome work!

Leslie said...

Love the quilt. Christmas will be so exciting for the young families. I have such wonderful memories of the day with mine when they were little. Great Memories.

lil red hen said...

Such brilliant colors! Great work! I always wanted to make an advent calendar; put it off, and now my grands are too old for one. :(

jtquilts said...

I so like your fabrics for your Dresden Plate! Love to see your work!

kim said...

I love your Dresden plate quilt, it looks very colorful and warm :)