Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!

Right outside my sewing room window the other day!   Snow, snow and more snow - and so very cold!  Like much of our nation, it's been mighty cold and snowy  in Michigan.  It has been almost a week since I have poked my nose outside but that doesn't bother me.  As long as I am nice and warm and there is food in the house, I am good to go.  This is too cold, but I have never minded winter and can always find something to do.  Right now I am working on the little quilt for Henry's new little sister to be who is due any day now.  The quilt won't be ready right away, but it will be done before she is many weeks old.  I am thinking of Norah and wishing her an easy delivery.  Sherry will be flying out to be with the family for a spell and give them the love and help they will need at this time.

Going Aunt Gracie!!  Found some darling clipart that I love and have worked with that.  This will be a row quilt with multipatterns of the prints as sashing.  I think there will be four white rows and five of the prints.   I want to find a good black pen to draw the bunny eyes, noses, mouths and whiskers .    Want something that is permanent, naturally, and that does not bleed.  I could embroider, but figure that french knots might come out and it is quite a bit of embroidery.   Don't want to use button eyes for a little baby.   Would like to have several thicknesses - fine, medium and rather heavy.   If you have any ideas for me, let me know.   Getting the features on the faces really wakes everything up.
 Will press down the window frame after appliqueing the "curtains". 
This is the right end of the row.  The kitty has a little white face and a white marking on her tummy.  I still need a couple of things on this strip and am working on that.  I will either do the buttonhole stitch in black or contrasting colors. 

Plan on venturing out tomorrow - temp is supposed to be 38.   Will seem like a heat wave!  Stay warm out there!   Here are some words for today-

7 comments:

Jewels said...

This is going to be so cute Carol :),,, Stay warm. J

jtquilts said...

I really like what you are doing for the quilt for the new baby! Can't wait to see it along the way.

lil red hen said...

This is precious!! I love those soft colors and the sweet applique figures.

We didn't get snow, just ice, which made everything too risky for this old woman to get out much today.

Leslie said...

Have fun today on your out and about.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Ooooh, cold/snow is no fun...but makes for a wonderful excuse to sew! Plus...you have the best reason...a new grandbaby coming soon! Thank you for a lovely blog...enjoying catching up on the news!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

That's going to be one adorable quilt--love it!

jen said...

You are so creative! This will be an adorable quilt!