Friday, January 17, 2014

Making Progress


Lots and lots of cutting for the little quilt.  Some of the pieces are teensy and getting the paper off the back of the fused fabric is a challenge.  Then when you get it off, it is full of static electricity and wants to stick to your fingers so it makes that step take about twice as long.   It's getting very close to being all cut out - I have arranged and rearranged a lot and made changes here and there.  I think it takes more time designing one yourself than using a pattern mainly because sometimes what I think is going to look good, doesn't.  I truly am enjoying working on this for the little one.  And her birth is imminent - probably in the next couple of days.   I am thinking of Norah and her entire family so much.  It will be good when the little girl is in her mommy and daddy's arms.

This is the last pair of hot pads that I made - they are for one of my favorite people who loves sock monkeys.   She wasn't with us when we went to Frankenmuth for dinner before Christmas, so I took them along to guild this week for her.  Lori is one of the girls  who made several of the pin cushions I have.  Thought these would go along with her sock monkey collection.   And I have her round robin to work on this month - guess what it's theme is?  You're right!!!

Wise words--

9 comments:

annquilts2 said...

This quilt is going to be adorable!

Pokey said...

Sometimes the designing takes as long as the completion, but there is a lot of satisfaction to the finish. The sock monkeys are cute, Lori will love them ~
:-}pokey

Jewels said...

Ha ha ha Lori is going to love her gift!

Rebecca said...

Take a pin and draw it thru the paper on the back of the fabric... gives a small rip that is easier to pull off then from the edges.
Design in the mind and on paper and then in fabric are 3 totally different process I find. but soooo much fun

Deb said...

I love the sock monkey hot pads and your little quilt is just sweet, I love the bright colors.

Peg Botham said...

What an absolute pleasure it was to visit your blog, I love the quilt and I'm sure it will give many happy years of use.

Peg x

Beth Niquette said...

How talented you are! I am amazed by your incredible ability, my Friend!

Leslie said...

Having tons of fun at the retreat. Your name has as always come up lots. The quilt is wonderful so far.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful person you are for designing and sewing this beautiful quilt. Congratulations on your new Great? Grandchild. She is beautiful..